ComeHike Covid-19 Protocols for all members
COVID-19 is an air-transmission disease transmitted directly from another infected person, or tactile-transmission through an infected surface. In order to avoid infection you have to keep social distance and wash your hands frequently with soap and water or an approved 70% alcohol based sanitiser. It is imperative that all club members and visitors adhere to the following prescripts:
Prior to a hike / social event
On / during the hike / social event
- 1. Ensure and confirm that you have no Covid-19 symptoms (flu-like symptoms, including but not limited to: fever,
headache, cough, fatigue, sore throat, muscle or body aches, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing).
- 2. Confirm that you have not been in contact with anyone you suspect or know has contracted COVID-19.
- 3. Adhere to the protocols around motor vehicle occupancy.
- 1. Do not share hiking gear, food or water and refrain from physical contact with anyone on the hike/social event.
- 2. Maintain a minimum distance of 1,5m from others – your hiking pace should allow you to maintain the social distance.
- 3. Maintain social distancing during stops/rests.
- 4. On approaching others on the hike/event: keep left and wait for others to pass on the right.
- 5. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough/sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- 6. Try not to use toilets/bathrooms in public areas. Wash your hands or use hand sanitiser before and after visiting ablution
facilities when necessary.
- 7. Try and limit the touching of any surfaces - benches, railings etc. Wash your hands or use hand sanitiser before and after
touching any surfaces.
Compulsory items to have with you: two face masks, sanitiser
NB!!! All club members and visitors on hikes/social events must comply with these Covid-19 health care protocols, including proper coughing, sneezing and hand washing practices.
ANY MEDICAL EMERGENCY EVACUATION IS FOR OWN ACCOUNT